WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: REGULATORY SPECIALIST
The Regulatory Specialist is responsible for supporting the regulatory compliance of product materials. You will review product labels and advertising to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as develop and maintain all necessary supporting documents. You will also support Product Development related tasks.
The Regulatory Specialist reports directly to the Science + Regulatory Director and will partner with Product Development, Brand, Quality, Sales, Brand + Marketing, and Creative teams to support product regulatory compliance.
- Manage label specification development, review, and routing
- Work with Product Development Coordinator to review raw material compliance
- Review advertising materials to ensure compliance
- Support the development of business processes to ensure compliance and update SOPs as necessary
- File claims notification for the FDA for all new dietary supplement products
- Determine and communicate relevant compliance requirements for new and existing products to support cross-functional teams
- Update and maintain required documentation in data management systems
- Partner with the Science + Regulatory Director to ensure all compliance documents are updated and maintained
- Maintain product information/labels in Supplement OWL
- Annually audit OLLY assets for regulatory compliance including website, eCommerce, and social media platforms
- Address customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with Product Development tasks as requested
You have a strong background in nutrition science and have working experience reviewing labels and supporting product claims on dietary supplements or food. You like to make sure things are up to snuff and have the documentation to prove it. You want to work in a fast-growing nutrition and wellness company and help keep our growing portfolio of dietary supplements compliant while maintaining their OLLY awesomeness.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Biological or Health Sciences is required
- 2-3 years minimum of regulatory affairs experience in the dietary supplements industry
- An understanding of FDA, FTC, USDA roles in dietary supplement and food regulation and compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, non-technical teams including Brand, Creative and Marketing
- Experience conducting label reviews for dietary supplements and/or foods
- Experience with scientific writing
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and computer skills
- Talented communicator - adept at balancing transparency, empathy, and positivity
- Ability to connect with people, build relationships and establish true partnerships
- Experience with foreign regulatory agencies is a plus
- General project management skills is a plus
LOCATION: Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA (remote until the office reopens)
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
MANAGER: Science + Regulatory Director
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
|Posted on||13 Jan 2022|
|Closes on||12 Jul 2022 17:34|
|Location(s)||San Francisco, CA|
|More details (document)|
OLLY PBC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected medical condition, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.